IMAGES RETAIL TECHNOLOGY AWARDS 2016
Honouring Excellence in Technology deployment
At IMAGES, with our stated mission of being a catalyst for profitable retail, we know that technology today deserves stand-alone status as both a key challenge and facilitator for consumer-facing businesses. The Inaugural edition of Images Retail Technology Awards on 21st September 2016 is being organised to honour retailers who have done exemplary work in the deployment of various IT solutions in the organisation which has resulted in better customer experience and enhanced business operations.
Images Retail Technology Awards will serve as a benchmark in the Indian retail industry and we aim to bring in best practices in honouring the efforts of the retail fraternity. The categories have been carefully designed to ensure that not a single out-of-the box idea goes unnoticed. The awards have been rolled out with a focus on the following key aspect retail of retail operation
- Customer Experience
- Excellence in Operations
All entries will undergo an extensive research and evaluation process designed to determine winners in the truest sense of the term.
Call for entries: The process shall begin with a call for entries starting 1st week of June 2016. The last date for receiving the entries is Saturday 10th September, 2016.
Data collation and validation: The entries will be scrutinised and validated with respect to the applications and data supporting that are received, in accordance with the pre-determined set of rules and regulations.
Online Entry Forms: The Entry form will be available online and retailers / Service Providers can fill in one or more categories depending on their requirement
Nomination Fee: A nominal fee of Rs.5,000 plus tax per nomination will be charged by the organisers. The cheque should be made in favour of Images Multimedia Pvt. Ltd.
Jury Process: The applications will go through two rounds of Jury. All entries will first be scrutinized by independent juries that will shortlist the top three entries in each category. A final jury will then again review the shortlisted entries and determine the winners based on the presentation of their business case. The votes of the jury as indicated in the score sheets will be captured for independent tabulation by a established audit partner.
Rules & Regulation
|Applicant||Any organization/ person duly authorized by the Organization that sends in an application to participate in the Awards as per these rules& regulations, or is nominated by a service provider / Organiser to participate in the Awards.|
|Awards||IMAGES Retail Technology Awards|
|Awards Management||Personnel from IMAGES Group or appointed / engaged by IMAGES Group, who are responsible for the conduct of the A wards|
|Audit Partners||Process advisors to the Awards|
|Final Jury||Group of individuals selected by Awards Management to evaluate the Nominees to determine the winner|
|Initial Jury||Group of individuals selected by Awards Management to evaluate the Applicants to shortlist upto5 per category|
|Nominee||Any organization short-listed to be evaluated by the Final Jury|
|Organization||A company registered and incorporated under the laws of India and engaged in the business for atleast 2 years of operation|
|Initiative||An Initiative can be a product / service / project/ process/ procedure/ methodology implemented in the Indian Retail industry|
|Owner of the Awards||IMAGES Multimedia Pvt. Ltd|
|Rules and Regulations||These rules and regulations governing the Awards|
Call for entries & participation
- The call for entries for the Awards will be announced on 1st week of July 2016 through a electronic direct mail (EDM), through the website and / or by direct communication with potential Applicants, and that shall be construed to be adequate notice for call for entries
- Applicant can download the application form from the event website and apply for the Awards by submitting the completed application form.
- The Awards Management and / or Jury have the right to nominate any person/ organization in any Award category to build the quality of entries in that Award category
- Applicant can apply in or be nominated in more than one Award categories subject to fulfillment of rules and regulations mentioned herein
- Applicant can apply or can be nominated in only ONE nomination per category. In the event several nomination forms are received for the same nominee, the first will be treated as the valid entry and the rest will be discarded.
- The Awards Management has the right to reclassify application forms from one category to another, at its discretion
Eligibility Criteria for participation in the Awards
- The participating organization or person (Indian or Foreign) should have a registered presence in India.
- The Initiative should be partly or completely executed in the Indian operations of the Applicant
- The Applicant should have at least 2 years of operation of business in India.
- The activity presented by the applicant should be in the financial year 2014-15 viz – 1st April 2015 to 31st March 2016.
- The Awards Management may modify the eligibility criteria from time to time with retrospective effect
- The Awards Management holds the right to disqualify any application which does not meet the eligibility criteria without assigning any reason whatsoever
Receipt of entries
- Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the Rules and Regulations stated herein
- All Supporting documents including photographs, videos, data required and declaration must be sent to IMAGES office on or before 31st July 2016.
- Receipt of application forms after last date of receipt specified may be permitted only at the discretion of the Awards Management
Awards Management may not consider / be responsible for application forms that are in incorrect format / without declaration / received late / corrupt etc.
Screening of received application forms
- Awards Management would appoint experienced personnel, at its sole discretion, to screen application forms to ensure eligibility criteria are met.
Completeness of entries/ Disqualification
- Application Forms that are received incomplete in any manner may be disqualified by the Awards Management
- Entries will be accepted in English only
- A cheque of Rs.5,000 towards nomination fee should be sent along with the completed form
- Disqualification of entries received is at the sole discretion of Awards Management, on a case by case basis
- If at any time, any information provided by any Applicant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Applicant will not be permitted to continue participation in the Awards
- If after the conclusion of the Award ceremony, any information provided by an Applicant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the applicant will be liable to return the trophy / certificate / prize money provided to the Applicant under this Award, if any
- Determination of whether information is incorrect or not rests with Awards Management
- The Awards Management has the right to ask for proof of information provided / audit the information provided in the Application Form. If such a request is made and the Applicant does not comply within 3 working days, the Applicant could be disqualified from participation at the Awards
Verification of the information provided in the Application Form
- The Awards Management will contact the Applicant, if required, for any clarifications needed for the information provided in the Application Form
- The Awards Management will make the best efforts possible to contact the Applicants, but shall not be responsible if the person does not participate in or does not agree to the conduct of the verification, or are not contactable.
- In the event that it is not possible to conduct a verification of the Applicant for any reason beyond its control, Awards Management may, at its discretion, disqualify the Applicant or continue in such other manner as deemed fit.
Short-listing nominees for each award category from applications received
- Application Forms received would be collated under each award category for evaluation by Awards Management
- Determination of the Award category to which an application belongs is at the discretion of Awards Management. Awards Management reserves the right to make the final judgment in case of any ambiguity in Rules and Regulations / disputes over suitability
- The Initial Jury will select up to 5 Nominees per Award category based on pre-defined evaluation parameters who will qualify for the final round
- In the event no Application Forms in a category are found to be worthy of inclusion in the Awards, the Award category will be cancelled
- The decision of the above short-listing is binding and final on all applicants
Determination of the Winners
- The final jury will score / rank the Nominees based on the application form submitted by them and a presentation made by the Nominee in person
- There could be one or more winners in each award category, at the discretion of the final jury
- The determination of who should receive an award for any award category rests with the final jury
- The jury’s decision is final and binding on all nominees
- The jury may also decide, in order to maintain high standards of these awards, that there could be no winner in a particular category
- Short listed nominees for the public poll award category will follow a process of public voting
- Applicant understands and agrees that merely by applying for these Awards does not entitle the applicant to a prize or to any other form of consideration
- Participation in the Awards will be construed as an acceptance of the Rules and Regulations stated herein
- Decision of Awards Management on all matters is final and binding on all applicants and nominees and no correspondence will be entertained on the same
- Nominees and Winners permit free of cost the use of their name and factual information about their application and entry(s) in the public media (for the build-up to the Awards, during the Awards ceremony, etc) and do not have any right to any revenues earned through intellectual property rights generated by the Awards, if any
- IMAGES will not be liable for any claims / disputes made by the Applicant or Nominee in relation to the Awards
- The Awards Management cannot and shall not be accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards.
- The Company and its contractors cannot be held responsible for matters out of its control and for force majeure reasons.
- Additions, deletions and / or modifications to these Rules and Regulations are at the discretion of the Awards Management and the Awards Management
- may make such additions / deletions and / or modifications, at any time
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the Awards shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai, India
- All Intellectual Property Rights generated during the Awards shall be property of the owner of the Awards
- Participants / winners shall require prior written permission of Awards management in the event they wish to use any IPR of the Awards.
- All matters pertaining to telecast are at the discretion of the Awards Management. The Awards Management reserves the right to omit from telecast an award for which the recipient did not attend the awards function.
- The Applicants and Nominees agree that they shall hold harmless the Awards Management, its employees, officers, contractors or other persons and shall defend them against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability arising out of or in connection with any or all claims whether or not groundless, that may be brought against the Awards Management by any third party in connection with participation in or winning the Award.
- All costs of participation in the Awards are to be borne by applicants unless specifically conveyed in writing to the applicant
- The Awards Management reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the Awards at any time, with retrospective effect, and does not take the responsibility for any loss or damage that any person / organization / Applicant / Nominee may suffer as a result of the Awards being withdrawn or its terms amended
- The Application Form signed by the Applicants would signify their acceptance of these Rules and Regulations.
- If Applicants are unclear as to the rules or any element of the Awards or experience difficulties of any kind, they can write in their questions, problems or queries to the following address:
For any questions on the IMAGES Retail Awards / IMAGES Retail Technology Awards, please feel free to call or write to me.
Mobile: +91 – 9810613585